Guest Post Submission Guidelines
Thanks for your interest in guest posting on AtHomeMum.com! I’m always interested in receiving well-written, unique posts from a variety of standpoints which will encourage and inspire my readers.
What Kind of Posts I expect?
This blog cover principally the following areas:
- Autism / Autism Awareness / Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA)
- Disability Issues / NDIS / Health Issues
- Parenting / Kid’s Activities / Childcare / Cooking
- Politics & Government / Community Issues
- Small Business / Women Entreprenuers / Mumprenuers / Paid Parental Leave
Anything that is useful for my readers is appropriate as a guest post. Of course, I’m opened to new topics as long as they are in the categories mentioned above or similar new ones. Hence, contact me with your writing samples or post ideas of what you’ve in mind.
It should not be:
- A sales pitch of your web site or product.
- A review of any sort.
- An article with numerous spelling and grammatical mistakes.
- Anything related to gambling.
- Anything that is not suitable for family audience like pornography.
- Defaming or tarnishing any individual or organization.
- A topic that has been extensively written about in the past.
- Less than 500 words.
- Reposted anywhere on the net once it goes live here. If found reposted, instant flagging of the other blog and the article on the other blog to Google through Google webmaster console as spamming with reference to the time and date of publishing the article on this blog and/or deletion of the article on this blog immediately without any further notice, and any further requests for guest blogging here will be turned down with no reason cited.
Before submitting your post for consideration, please note the following guidelines:
- Submission of your guest post does not guarantee publication. Your submission will be reviewed and if it will benefit AtHomeMum.com readers, it is likely to be published.
- In keeping with the spirit of AtHomeMum.com. Guest posts should be on topics relevant to our general readership (as noted above)
- Posts must be high-quality, original content (i.e. not published anywhere else online). Content must not contain any infringement on copyright laws, either in terms of text or images.
- Post must not be reposted anywhere on the net after it has been posted on AtHomeMum.com (i.e., in your own blog or as a guest post in other blogs)
- Posts should not be a sales pitch of your web site or product or a review of any sort.
- Posts should not contain commerical and/or affiliate links
- Posts should not contain content defaming or tarnishing any individual or organization.
- Preference will be given to those who demonstrate a genuine interest in AtHomeMum.com as a reader or follower. Submissions with a “visit my site” or “check out my product” type feel will not be accepted. Likewise, submissions which appear to be strictly PR- or SEO-related will not be accepted
- Posts begin with a photo. This photo must be square and no smaller than 150x150pixels. The photo must be credited with an appropriate source, and must be legal to use. Be sure you include the hyperlink to the photo source so we know where to credit it. Multiple photos are great if your article is longer. The Creative Commons area of Flickr is a good place to search for photos.
- Please limit your post to approximately 500 words (If you aren’t sure what your word count is, the Word Count Tool is handy: http://www.wordcounttool.com/ )
- The tone of your post should be professional, yet still informal and friendly. Keep in mind that readers come from a variety of perspectives, faiths, and backgrounds.
- Use of bullets, lists and short paragraphs is highly encouraged as it makes reading much easier.
- Please do not email your submission in HTML format or in a Word or text document. Simply type your post in your email and attach relevant images to the email.
- Please make a concerted effort to use correct spelling, grammar and punctuation. Due to time constraints, submissions which require excessive editing cannot be accepted.
- Make sure any links in your post are relevant and valid. Links deemed to be irrelevant to the main idea of your post will be removed without notice. Likewise, any non-working links will be removed without notice.
- I request to guest writers replying to comments generated of their own guest post. This is a social blog therefore after the post is live, if you don’t reply to most of the comments in a reasonable term of 2 days, I reserve the right to delete the link in the author by-line or any links within the content. I know it’s harsh, but I don’t want people just “post and run”. No engage – no link, simple.
- Include a short bio (50 words or less) at the end of your post. Feel free to include a link to your site
- AtHomeMum.com does not offer monetary compensation for guest posts at this time.
These guidelines are not intended to stifle your creativity, but to streamline AtHomeMum.com’s guest posting process. Submissions that closely adhere to these guidelines are much more likely to be published!
If your guest post is accepted, it usually takes between two to four months for your guest post to be published. I do my best to notify you within 4-6 weeks if your guest post is not accepted for publication so that you can submit it to another blog.
If you submit a query (i.e. an idea for a guest post as opposed to a guest post submission in full), I will review it and contact you if I am interested in pursuing the next step. If you do not hear from me within 2-4 weeks after submitting your query, you may assume I do not think it is a good fit for my readers. Due to the fluidity of blogging and the time-sensitive nature of my content, I generally cannot tell you the exact date your post will be published ahead of time. However, I do my best to notify you the day your post goes live.
If you would like to submit your guest post for review, please email it to bronwyn AT athomemum.com with “Guest Post Submission” in the subject line.
Please include the following:
- Your full name.
- Your URL (if applicable).
- Your post title.
- The body of your post.
- Attach any images you’d like to include (not required).
- A short bio.