The NSW Government has a great initiative to help Sydney families get out together without it putting too much of a dent in the wallet. Family Funday Sunday.
For $2.50 per person, your family* can enjoy a fun day out with unlimited travel on Sydney’s buses, trains and ferries every Sunday. The ticket will even take you to Newcastle and Wollongong! (A family must include at least one adult and one child (an eligible child is aged up to 15 yrs, or 16-18 yrs with a valid school travel pass or current 202 card. Children under 4 yrs travel free))
This is a great way to get the family out together and enjoy our great city.
If you are stuck for idea … think about…
- Going for a Bushwalk in the Blue Mountains
- At Leura stock up on chocolates, books, fine wines and other treats along its famous main street
- Visit the Zig Zag Railway
- Take a refreshing dip at Merewether Ocean Baths in Newcastle.
- See the blowhole in action on the headland at Kiama and have a picnic at Kiama Harbour.
- Catch a ferry to Manly and walk to Shelley Beach, a lovely sheltered swimming spot perfect for families.
- Find yourselves a spot by the beach beneath the pines at Austinmer
- Check out the Sydney Tramway Museum near Loftus Station, and then take a tram to the Royal National Park
- Visit Sydney’s Chinatown and have an authentic Yum Cha
- Ride Pushbikes around Centennial or Bicentennial Park
- Visit the new elephants at Taronga Zoo
- Have a ride filled day at Luna Park
- Visit Sydney’s Theme Parks – Sydney Aquarium and Sydney WildlifeWorld
- Skywalk up the top of Sydney Tower
- Explore the Rocks including a real archelogical site at the Big Dig
There is so much to do … Enjoy this Sunday with your family and get on board with Family Funday Sunday.