December Daily season has started. For people who are not a part of the December Daily community, this must seem illogical. Why would you be talking about a December craft project in the second week of September? It makes sense when you think about it. Let me explain.
I have been doing December-based projects for over 8 years and have included December Stories in my albums from when I have started with memory keeping. Since I became a member of Ali Edwards Craft the Story Community I have participated in 7 years of December Daily.
What is December Daily®?
December Daily® is a December memory-keeping project that documents December. How you do December Daily can be done in many different ways. This is one of the things that I like about this project. You can ..
- create a story once a day or a set number of stories
- be celerating a cold December or a warm/hot December
- create 25 or 31 Stories
- use 12″x12″ Albums, or 6″x8″albums, 3″x8″ albums, 10″x8″ albums or Notebooks …the list goes on
- create your pages either tradditionally (all physical supplies), Digital or Hybrid. Digital albums can be printed as pages or in a book.
- complete preparation pages (where you do some of the create elements before December) or you can do after the event
- use a silhouette or other cutting machine or just use elements from the kits or just not at all.
- have interactive and dimensional elements or have everything completely flat
- do all of the memory keeping and be done by 31st December or you can take longer to complete your album
- tell only stories that relate to Christmas, Hanukkah or other Holidays related activities or tell about all of life
And the list goes on …
And however you do December Daily … whether it be December Stories or December Days, the great part is the community that you can participate in across the globe.
What are the December communities I can join?
Some of the best December Memory Keeping communities to be found are located on Facebook.
Here are some of my favourites
Other great groups to join are also
But why are you starting to talk about December Daily and December Projects now in September?
Alot of this is all about timing. While for many people September is either the start of spring or the start of Autumn and you don’t have any thoughts of December in your minds, if you are preparing for a December project now is the time to start thinking. Alot of this has to do if you plan on ordering products and when you want them to arrive.
A great example is Ali Edwards. She creates products and sells them to people across the world. The timeline for the sale and use of her products shows why this makes sense (all dates below for the US)
- Thursday, September 2nd – Tuesday September 7th | Blog posts on the products on offer, How the Shopping Process works and all the kits and albums on offer
- Thursday, September 9th | December Daily® Order Selection Period begins at 10am US Eastern. Products are available on a first-come, first-served basis and are limited. This also includes her 2 classes for this year
- Thursday, September 30th | December Daily® Order Selection period ends at 11:59 US Eastern and shipping will begin October 1st.
- Wednesday October 13th | December Daily® Digitals available.
- Tuesday October 19th | Create With Canva class begins )
- Tuesday, November 1st | December Daily® Product Play: Back To Basics class begins.
- Saturday, November 6th | December Daily® Prep Day.
- Monday November 15th | Products should either be with Australians or close to being with them. (Delays due to COVID mean that expecting 45 days for delivery)
- Wednesday, December 1st | December Documenting Starts.
So when you look at it this way. If you want to start doing preparation pages in November and being in Australia with CVOID getting your purchases before December. Ordering now makes sense.
Where can I get inspiration for a December Project?
We are lucky to be spoilt for choice when it comes to inspiration for our December Projects. There is everything from classes, Instagram, youtube videos and podcasts on where you can get inspiration.
Where can you see my work for December Daily?
I plan on doing a review of my past albums and will share them here and on my Instagram feed.
I am a fan of the classes, workshops and prep days run by Ali Edwards and have participated in them for the last 6 years. Here are some that I recommend
- December Daily® Product Play: Back To Basics
- Create With Canva
- 2021 December Daily® Prep Day – To be conducted on November 6th and normally registration opens in October.
If I am not using Ali Edwards Products are the classes still worth it? Yes. IMHO the classes have ideas that are easily transferable to other products and you will get some great ideas for December projects and other memory keeping projects.
Are the old classes worth doing yes. While some may use products offered for past years they are still relevant each year as the ideas can easily be translated to use with other content?
- Storytelling With December Daily® (Self Paced) – Probably one of my all time favourite courses. You will get some many ideas from this class for December Daily and other products. I also revisit this one every year.
- December Daily® Product Play Bundle – Volume 1, 2 & 3.
- December Daily® Product Play 4
Where else can I get Inspiration
I think it might be easier to group inspiration by the influences.
I am looking forward to looking back on my past December Albums and sharing with you my stories from this year.
Photo by Parker Johnson on Unsplash