I remember last year when we entered into the Autism world I felt completely overwhelmed. Not just from the diagnosis and what it would/could mean in LittleMan’s life but also the area around government funding for Autism. I know for me I just found it so confusing. We were lucky however. I got alot of information from both our Autism Advisor and the Lizard Centre.
So I will be sharing in a series of posts some of my learnings that I hope will be useful for you in getting around Medicare, Centrelink, Taxation Office and Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs (FaHCSIA).
Topics will include
- Medicare Health Care Plans – Better Outcomes for Mental Health and Enhanced Primary Care Scheme
- Medicare Safety Net
- Helping Children with Autism – Early intervention funding, Medicare Items, Play Connect Playgroups and Early Days Workshops
- Medical Expenses Tax Offset
- Carer Allowance and Health Care Concession Cards
- Carer Adjustment Payment
- Health Insurance Coverage
- Inclusion Support
If you have any questions or suggestions for things that you would like to also cover … please let me know.