Currently, 5 men die every hour in Australia from potentially preventable illnesses. This has to stop!
Face it, men (in general) don’t look after themselves well heath-wise. Sadly, five men die each hour from preventable conditions. That could be our fathers, our friends or sons. You may have already experienced the premature death of someone close to you through heart disease, depression or other preventable conditions.
It is time for this to stop
The M5 Project is not about money. It is not about research. It is not even about a medical cure. It is about our views on Men’s Health. It is about getting he community to put men’s health into focus and help others see how they can take just five preventative steps.
As a start, men can take five preventive steps:
• Share your family history with your GP
• Know your healthy weight
• Check your blood pressure
• Stop smoking – it’s the only health option
• Maintain a healthy mind and a healthy body
Its that simple … but it will have a huge effect on improving Men’s Health and ultimately saving lives.
What can you do to help?
There are lots of things you can do …
- Encourage your father, son, brother, friend or partner to talk about their health with you, another friend or a GP.
- Visit the M5 project website for more information
- Place M5 posters in a public place or workplace
Let’s all work together to raise awareness of Men’s Health and reduce unnecessary deaths in our community.
Photo by Jenny Hill on Unsplash