When you read the news reports from the Victorian Bushfires over the last few days the size of the destruction, the loss of life, property and the impact on the wildlife and animals is just too large to comprehend.
The threat of bushfires lingers over many communities across Australia every year …It is something that is always in the back of your mind … is it going to be this year .. is this year the year for the big fire … is my home going to be under threat … is it my friend or nieghbours turn … but I know within my own comprehenstion I would have never imagined something this big.
My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone that lives or has loved ones within the fire zone … My thoughts and prayers are also with all of the CFA and other firefighters, the SES, Police, Ambulance, the Armed Services that are assiting, the Salvation Army, all medical and nursing staff … and just everyone that is helping in the efforts in Victoria
For those that want to help there is alot that can be done …
- Red Cross Call 1800 811 700 or go to redcross.org.au
- Salvation Army Call 137 258 or go to salvos.org.au
- NAB relief fund call 136 622 or visit www.nab.com.au for more details
- RSPCA Victoria www.rspcavic.org
- To donate through Myer, visit a store’s service desk
- Donations of clothes and household goods to the Salvation Army, Brotherhood of St Laurence, St Vincent de Paul or the Red Cross