Paid Parental Leave
- To give mothers 26 weeks paid parental leave at full replacement wage (up to a maximum salary of $150,000 a year), or national minimum wage, which ever is the greater. Includes superannuation. Commences July 2012.
- To be funded by a 1.5 per cent levy on company taxable incomes in excess of $5m.
- To allow two out of the 26 weeks to be dedicated paternity leave.
- To give families 18 weeks paid leave at the national minimum wage (currently $570 a week) – commencing January, 2011 and already legislated. Mother’s income cap of $150,000 a year for eligibility.
- To give fathers an additional two weeks paid paternity leave at the national minimum wage – commencing July 2012. New promise. Father’s income cap of $150,000 a year for eligibility.‘
- To give families 26 weeks paid leave at the national minimum wage with superannuation. Commences January 2011.
- Paid by the Federal Government
- Parents can split the leave
- Focus is on low and middle income families