Alone we can do so little; together we can do so muchHelen Keller
Australia has a proud tradition of donating to charity. But sadly, having a baby can put constraints on the family budget that prevent many Australians from donating as they have done in the past.
However online there are many ways that with the power of a click you can help charities.
Check out the following charities that with your help (and no expense) you can help some charities (if you are a skeptic .. check out the Snopes review of the Hunger Site)
- iDonate – By participating in their “click-for-a-cause” opt-in electronic direct marketing and market research response program, you will earn iDonate credits for your nominated partner charities for each email that you read and for each survey that you fill in. Charities supported include Starlight Foundation, Save the Children, Lifeline, RSPCA and Guide Dogs Association
- The Hunger Site – The Hunger Site was founded to focus the power of the Internet on a specific humanitarian need: the eradication of world hunger. This site also works on other issues including Breast Cancer, Child Health, Literacy and Animal Rescue. This site also has a email reminder service.
- Care 2 – Care2 helps causes through clicks for children sponsourship, breast cancer, environmental causes and many more
- Daily Free Donation Reminder – Sometimes the hardest part of Free Donations is remembering to do it. This email service sends you every 2 days an email with a different click to donate website
- Donate minutes for education
- Give 2 Days’ Access to Education– The Oaktree Foundation is currently raising money to help build schools in East Timor, one of the poorest nations in the world. $25 will cover the cost of opening up a full 7 years of primary school education for a child at one of the schools built by Oaktree and its partners in East Timor. This equates to $3.55 for one year of primary education for a child and 2c (the lowest amount raised per click) equates to 2 days of primary education.
- Give Food, Medical Care and Necessites to a Needy Child
- Climb to End Breast Cancer – Help The Breast Cancer Fund’s to identify and eliminate environmental causes of Breast Cancer
- Free Rice – FreeRice has two goals: to provide English vocabulary to everyone for free & Help end world hunger by providing rice to hungry people for free. For each word you correctly identify the correct definition, they will donate 20 grains of rice through the UN World Food Prgram to help end hunger.
- Solve Poverty
- Donate Pet Food for a Shelter – Donates pet food for animal shelters
Photo by Katt Yukawa on Unsplash